Saturday, July 22, 2006

Michigan

Michigan's OK. I mean it's not Penna and it's not "round in the ends and high in the middle", but it's pretty OK. Yesterday the kids and I got back from a fun time visiting with my parents. On the first day, we went to a lake and swam. Do you know how much it cost...$4.00 for the whole family!! For $20.00, you could get a pass to come to the lake for the whole year and swim. That's a $165.00 savings over the 5 pool passes I bought. Now, of course, that would not be a full savings, because if you are going to swim in a lake all summer, you'd have to account for the copays of hospital visits and pharmaceuticals required to rid your family of various bacterium such as E.Coli or MRSA. But, still, a better deal.

On another day, we went to the Rainforest Cafe. I think only Auburn Hills and Disneyworld/land have Rainforest Cafes, so you know it's gotta be an alright place. Good times and where else can you ahve good food and have your kids freak out from loud thunderstorms every 30 minutes...just kidding...I love it there. Makes me want to move there, I tell ya.

Also, when I was there I read a very disturbing book that I can't get out of my head. It is called, "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoulet. I read it in like 4 hours. About a family dealing with a daughter with Leukemia. There's alot to it and I highly recommend it, but I could really see myself in the mom of the book. I hate to compare cancer to Spina Bifida, but I think one thing I could see is that when you have a kid with some chronic health problems, there are bound to be times when your other kids are "thrown under the bus" so to speak, while you deal with the tragedy at hand.

A good trip was had by all...

No comments: