Saturday, August 12, 2006

One big basket of eggs

Rob was in the hospital for 5 days last week/this week. That wasn't a lot of fun, I have to be honest. He's better now and I think he's going to be fine. But, I don't like going to sleep alone. Because then all I have to keep me company is my thoughts.

Here's the thing: After the triplets were born, I made a decision to stay at home with them, to become a housewife, if you will. I have pretty much always worked some sort of parttime position, but as far as being career-minded goes, that pretty much went out the window in 1997. This isn't something I think of often, but by choosing to be a housewife, I have pretty much put all of my eggs in the "rob" basket. I am pretty much totally dependent on him for my financial well-being. Normally, this thought doesn't really come to mind, or if it does, it doesn't bother me, but with him laying in a hospital bed and doctors not being sure what was wrong, this really began to bother me. IN fact, it has me totally rethinking my decision not to work. Everyone knows it's not a good idea to have all of your eggs in one basket.

Rob tells me he has plenty of life insurance and he was kind enough to say I still have some things going for me so I could find another man. Great. Just what I want. After I worked so hard to break in this one! Of course, it looks like ROb is going to be around for a good long time, but I'm still going to be looking for that job!

1 comment:

noblekleigh said...

A la Wedding Crashers...

"We have no idea what lies ahead for us in the future, we can only use the information at hand to make the best decisions possible."

As the eternal student, I think you should go back to school...that way you have the education to have a career, and the experience can come later ;)