Tuesday, January 29, 2008

MVP

Trisha is her class MVP this week. SHe gets to do all sorts of neat things like yesterday she got to bring in a sharing sack filled with things that are important to her to share with the class. Her sharing sack contained:

1) Cinnamon- Her first WebKinz.
2) A Huge Stuffed Monkey - she got it in her 3rd grade class junk exchange. She loved her third grade teacher.
3) A stuffed lamb. She said to the class "I got this stuffed lamb out of one of those crane games right after my mom told me not to waste my money because no one ever wins on those things." The object lesson that proves mom wrong made it into the bag. That's just great.
4) Her letter from President Bush. I think some of the luster of that wore off after another kid in the class said that he got the exact same letter.
5) Assorted pictures and things
6) This one wasn't stuffed in the bag, but she brought Hayleigh in and said "This is my sister Hayleigh and she is the most important thing in the world to me."

Tonight I have to write a letter about Trisha that her teacher will read to the class tomorrow. I have strict instructions that it is not to be embarrassing. Believe me when I tell you that the pressure is on. Then on Thursday, I get to join her for lunch and what she doesn't know is that one of her friends that is homeschooled is going to join us. It's a surprise! Then on Firday all of her classmates make her a little poster with cute little signatures on them. I think it's a great idea!! Trisha's teacher this year has lots of great ideas like that.

No comments: