Saturday, February 02, 2008

Girl Crap

No, this isn't a post about Hayleigh's diapers, although given the fact that she has started eating some solds, it very well could be. This is a post about GIRL CRAP. The following is representative of an exchange i hear so often after school.

Me: Hey, Trish. Great to see you, how was your day?
Trisha: Terrible. _________ and I got in a fight.

Problem #1: Trisha wasn't invited to Girl A's brithday party. I am not sure why. She has been in the past. I do think in theory that a person ought to be able to invite whomever they would like to their own birthday party and not invite those whom they would not like to have at their party. It doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt my girl's feelings when she isn't invited. Trisha said she was hurt because Girl A just told her what a good friend she was and she shared her fried rice with her on Thursday (brought in by me for her MVP lunch.)

Problem #2. Friend B was the one who told her about Girl A's party. So, when Trisha asked Girl A why she wasn't invited, Girl A wanted to know who told her. Trisha told her it was Friend B. Friend B than told Girl A that she did not and that Trisha was liar. Girl A apparently believed Friend B.

If you have followed this far, well I thank you. This kind of crap makes me want to 1) Go up and punch Friend B and Girl A
B) Call both girls parents and give them some helpful hints on how to raise nice people. Or,
Quattro) Pull Trisha from school and homeschool her.

I know that Trisha isn't perfect and she has certainly done some things that have hurt other people's feelings. I just really can't stand this crap. It would be great if just for one week out of the school year she could come home everyday and not have had a bad day. And, while I do seriously consider the whole homeschooling thing, I am not sure that taking her away from people is going to teach her how to get along with people and teach her how to grow a thicker skin and how to learn who you can trust and who you can't. But, at the same time I am not sure that the constant barrage of negativity is good either.

Actually, I should just be thankful that Trisha wasn't invited to that party...it was sleepover and well, let's just say Trish is a girl who needs her sleep. I hope Hayleigh doesn't have these problems.

No comments: