Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Jonathan has a stalker


The original title of my post was going to be something about Jonathan having a play date with a girl today. This should, of course, not be a little weird to me, but I have to admit that it is. From what I understand, Jonathan is like the Casanova of the classroom. Although he is adorable, I think it's because unlike most of the other boys, Jonathan actually pays attention to the girls. It is perfectly natural that jonathan would be very comfortable around girls given the fact that he has a sister his exact same age. I think I'm still bothered by that stupid Bringing Up Boys Book! It assumes that since he likes to play with girls this means he will grow up gay. I'm not going to worry about that. I was a bit concerned given the fact that we don't really know this girl or her family.

Anyway, now to the stalker part. I counted. This girl called 25 times yesterday. twice she got to talk to Joanthan. After my not answering her call on her home phone, she proceeded to call on her mom's cell phone. Finally, I answered and said that Jonathan would not be able to come to the phone but that we were excited to have her over. I asked her if she wanted me to give Jonathan a message...she says, "No, what I have to say to him I can tell him myself at school tomorrow." Excuse me?!@?! Maybe I should just circulate this picture of Jonathan...that should cure this female interest thing!


*Bringing up Boys is a book by Dr. Dobson that began my journey into deciding not to listen to him!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is he the one hugging the cat or the one picking and playing?

tripmom827 said...

First off, that's not a cat, it's a dog :-) Secondly, he's the picker and player. The picking is for effect...the playing is just something that is always done.

Anonymous said...

You can't stop him from being gay, but you can certainly make him feel guilty about it.

Anonymous said...

I meant to say,

You can't change the fact that he is gay, but you can certainly make him feel guilty about it.

tripmom827 said...

What I meant was that if that would happen to be an outcome in his life, I would not consider that to be a first choice for how I envisioned his future. BUt, of course, there could be many much worse things that could happen to him or that he could choose to do.