Sunday, June 11, 2006

So Proud.



AS a mother of four, I often find it difficult to praise one kid without feeling guilty that I'm not praising the others. They don't make it easier either. Often when I say something like, "Hey, so-and-so, I really liked the way you [insert thing here]!" one of the other kids will say, "what about me?" Anyway, despite feeling guilty and the inevitable, "What about me?"s, this post is about Jonathan. We had soccer tournaments yesterday, and while all of my soccer playing children had great games, Jonathan really shined. It wasn't just that he scored five goals (one was taken away,though), it was that I can see that everything has clicked with him on the soccer field and I am excited for him because I could see that he is excited for himself. I could see that he knew he had mastered a skill and he was proud. And, so was I.

I was also proud because in his last game he played against one of his best buddies. What I liked was that everytime Sean got a goal, even though he was on the opposite team, Jonathan clapped for him or gave him a high-five, and vice versa. It was nice to see.

I'm so proud...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is beyond precious!!!
Thanks for the wonderful picture (how on earth did you happen to have a camera at just the RIGHT moment?) and the story. You have such wonderful, gifted kids.
Love, 3M