Have you seen this show on Animal Planet? It's pretty addictive. I used to make fun of Rob for his watching it all of the time, until I started. It's fascinating. In honor of those adorable little meerkats, I present:
Everything I needed to know about life, I learned from watching Meerkat Manor:
(and these are in no particular order)
1. If your wife has recently given birth to a litter, it's very important that you quickly knock her up again. If this means mating with her while she is nursing her new pups, so be it. You don't get pregnant 15 times in 6 years by just sitting around.
2. Apparently, it's universal among the species that everyone has a crazy uncle with [social problems]. However, it's just not a good idea to have him babysit your children.
3. If food is scarce, it is OK to take food away from your children. If they try to get it back, give them a warning bite. If they still try to get it back, kick them out of your family.
4. If a rival male is roving around looking to mate, trust him on that. He's just looking to mate, not become your dominant male and start a family with you.
5. If your teenage daughter comes home pregnant after meeting the aforementioned roving male, your choice are to a)kick her out of the family b)move the whole family and leave her pups behind c)both. It is not an option to show grace/understanding. Afterall, she might try to take your position in the family.
6. Should someone try to challenge your authority, a good tactic is to pee all over the place. This practice apparently lets people know that you are in charge.