Wednesday, February 22, 2006

In pursuit of fairness

Well, the children had some time off of school to reflect on the impact and importance that American presidents have had on their lives. In order to effectively do this, we went and saw the movie Hoodwinked. May I just say that it is a very cute movie. If you have not yet seen it, I would go. The kids had good belly laughs and it appealed to adults without being crass and vulger.

Before and after the movie, we did a little shopping. Although I know that a video game isn't nearly exciting as a shirt, everyone ended up with something. Of course, on the way home I heard that famous refrain mouthed by children everywhere (say it with me folks) "It's not fair! How come so and so gets that and I only get this?" I reminded the children about how much I don't like those words and they did apologize and we did have a great day overall.

I know life isn't fair and that it is important to teach my children to be thankful for what they have instead of complaining about what they don't have. It's very hard to always keep everything fair and balanced. How does the Fox News Channel do it?!?! More importantly, how does God do it??? Amazing!

No comments: