Saturday, March 25, 2006

The challenge of weight loss

Another weigh-in at Weight Watchers, another huge disappontment. I have gotten myself an accountability partner to help me with my weight loss goals. She is an aerobics instructor who goes to my church and the type of person who actually will hold someone accountable, which is good. I signed on with her the beginning of March and got serious about it. I've been working out and staying, basically, within my points range every day. So, since the beginning of March, do you know how much weight I have lost???? 4.2 pounds. Yippee. I'm working my tail off (although apparently not in reality) ,I drink so much water I can't get off the toilet, AND I am practically eating like a freakin' Ethiopian. Those people on The Biggest Loser lose like 14 pounds a week...what the heck?!?!?!?

Oh well, I must remember that I am not eating healthy and exercising for vanity. But, it's really to honor God with my body and to create a good example of a healthy lifestyle for my children, right? And, maybe a little bit it's so that I don't look *terrible* in summer clothes. At any rate, my goal this week, is to eat more food, specifically to eat more lean protein. (oh, you mean I'm not supposed to eat all of my points in Oreos.) :-)

No comments: