Wednesday, March 01, 2006

A Myxd trip to the Dentist

So, yesterday, Trisha and Jaden had dentist appointments to take care of some fillings at 3:00. I had to pick up all of the precious little preciouses from school. School Secretary (who is getting mentioned more and more in my blog...hmmm...) calls everyone down except Trisha. You see Trisha is in the nurse's office not feeling so well. So, I walk in there and ask her how she is doing. She says, "I think I'm going to puke." She makes it into the bathroom, thankfully, but suffice it to say that the teacher's restroom...well, I'm not sure it will ever be the same. Apparently, she had a migraine. After trying to clean oursleves up, we pile in the car and head to the dentist. (I think this is a good time to mention that Trisha was crying the whole trip to the dentist becasue some puke went up her nose and its all she can smell!) Obviously, Trisha can't make her appointment, but because I am Efficient-Mom, I remember that Jonathan also has a cavity so I call ahead and put him in Trisha's place.

Now, when we get to the dentist, I wait for over a half-hour before the kids are even called back. Normally, I find this slightly irritating. Today, I find it horrifying. Because, there was a girl who WALKED IN and Dr. agreed to see her right then. I know he did this because, since I work there, he can just blow me off. It always amazes me at how quickly I can go from Spirit-filled, nice calm Christian lady to freaky, nasty B**** lady. It's probably not good, but it does get results.

So, Jaden and Jonathan are seated. I think I have mentioned Jaden's "anxiety problem" before. Apparently, while seated back in the chair he started to get "nervous". And, wouldn't you know it, HE pukes. Now, I know what you are thinking...since both kids puked, maybe it was a stomach virus. I thought the same thing..till Trisha and Jaden ate 6 pieces of pizza between them for dinner.

In the end, only Jonathan got his teeth worked on and he was the one without the appointment. Expect the Unexepected...the motto of Motherhood!

No comments: