Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Up in the Air

A lot of things are really very beautiful when they are up in the air...fluffy clouds, hot air balloons, soaring birds, the sun, etc. However, when it is my life that is up in the air, it's not quite so pretty. Lately, so many things seem to be unknown.

For example, are we going to be in PA or in MI? If we are in PA, are we going to live in this house or are we going to be able to find something more accessible? If we are in PA, there's alot unknown about Jaden in school. They don't know: will he be upstairs, will he be downstairs, will he have a new teacher, or will one of the other teachers move, who will the new principal be and will he/she be willing to meet Jaden's needs without a fight, and perhaps the biggest question of all, will all of these changes make him so anxious that he won't even be able to go to school and Ill be homeschooling him. Is someone going to take over my job at church or I am going to be doing it again? Should I get some sort of job with all the "free time" I'll have in the fall and if so, what type?

I feel like I did when trying to get pregnant in that two weeks between ovulation and "knowing". You can't really plan anything one way or the other. I can't take a new job or make big plans...I could be pregnant. I can't buy maternity clothes and baby gear, I might not be pregnant. The only difference is I have no idea when this up in the air phase will end. Alot will become more clear I think by August.

There is one thing I know...God knows! "For I know the plans I have for you. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Bible verse - it's quite appropriate for me right now as well and gave me hope and courage!!