Thursday, December 15, 2005

Weapons of mouse destruction...

It's time to come clean and admit it, we have a mouse problem. At first, I thought it wasn't such a bad thing. Afterall, we used to have a wasp problem. For some reason, when the mice came in the wasps stopped. However, I am now sick of the mice. We have tried everything to get rid of these little buggers. First, we've caulked, cemented and otherwise plugged every opening we could find that might be giving them entrance into the house. Then we tried the little snap traps. The mice just made a mockery of those. All the peanut butter was gone and not one single mouse to show for it. Then we tried the glue traps. We had some success, but one day when we came home from some place or another, there was a mouse in the middle of the kitchen, one half of him attached to the glue trap and one half trying to crawl around and escape. I'm not sure the image of that will ever be erased from my mind. And, so, here we are, being totally outplayed, outwitted, and outlasted by some stupid mice. And, we have two cats!! They are just excited to have a playmate. :-) So, it is here that I am announcing my search for THE weapon of Mouse Destruction. I'll let you know what I find out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That weapon, I am sad to say, would be me. Bob & I recently had a mouse visitor in our house (I'm no longer sure what good our two dogs are) and after spending over an hour trying to catch him alive and release him back into the wild, I accidentally killed him. That's right, slammed the box right on his tiny neck! What are the odds?

tripmom827 said...

Oh dear! Trisha says that is a very sad story. I say, "Yahoo! One down, only like 8,127,995 left to go :-)"